Safety Management Systems
Safety Management System (SMS) is a systematic approach to manage safety. At 748 Air Services Ltd, we are committed to achieving the highest level of safety and quality performance whilst meeting national and international standards.
748 Air Services is committed towards promoting a safety culture that protects its employees, clients, the general public, contractors, subsidiaries and associated companies while meeting KCAA / ICAO requirements. 748 shall continue to measure, improve, and strengthen its safety culture through leadership, goal-setting, and employee involvement.
Using 748’s approved safety management system as a foundation, 748 shall:
• Ensure that safety is a systematic part of company operations, and that work is always performed safely by employees;
• Work proactively with employees to identify and address safety concerns while employing monitoring and audit processes to verify the effectiveness of preventative or corrective action;
• Maintain a continued and open dialogue with all employees to identify hazards and risks, reinforce safe work practices, communicate evolving procedures and enhance safety awareness;
• Measure the company’s safety performance against industry standards, best practice(s) and realistic performance targets.
At 748 Air Services Ltd, we have a strong safety culture rooted in continuous Hazard identification and risk assessment system.
• We strive to achieve continual improvement in 748 Air Services’ level of safety by establishing and achieving performance targets.
• We actively manage identified hazards by analyzing the contributing safety risks, through root cause analysis.
• We comply with all ICAO Standards and Recommended Practices and all national regulatory requirements.
• We encourage our employees to report safety issues without reprisal through our Non-Punitive safety reporting culture. To support the reporting culture, we have an online internet based system that is available to the staff anywhere and everywhere which is supplemented by manual backup system.
The Company’s safety culture is the product of the Company’s personal dedication and accountability of the employees.
Safety Is No Accident!
Through our Quality Department, we are committed to ensure the highest level of quality in both the AMO and AOC. We continuously strive to exceed Kenyan Civil Aviation Authority and Foreign Civil Aviation Authority Regulations by applying stringent Audit Programs throughout the company.
Our Quality department staff is well trained, experienced and qualified to maintain comprehensive Quality and Safety Systems effectively. The Quality Department emphasis is focused on “Continuous Improvement” principles throughout all Departments.